Director of Logistics – Any Rentex Location
Do you want great benefits, great pay, and an opportunity for advancement with a company that is growing? Are you an out of the box thinker with the ability to predict the ramifications to today’s decisions on tomorrow’s business? Look no further!
Rentex, Inc. has an immediate opening for Director of Logistics. This position can work out of any of the 11 Rentex locations (Union City, CA; Anaheim, CA; Las Vegas, NV; Bensenville, IL; Coppell, TX; Pompano Beach, FL; Orlando, FL; Lanham, MD; Bensalem, PA; Secaucus, NJ; or Canton, MA). We offer a great work environment, competitive pay, and a comprehensive benefit package (see below for benefits).
The Director of Logistics is responsible for making sure all aspects of the logistics department operate efficiently and accurately in the face of fast-paced growth. This includes managing an experienced team of regional logistics managers, coordinators, and administrators. This is an extremely fast-paced role with priorities that can change quickly based on client needs and industry demand.
What you will do.
- Work with logistics, sales, operations, and product management to find creative solutions for filling equipment shortages. This includes expanding contacts with freight forwarders and shippers, decreasing transit time, finding substitutions to shortages, early order return identification, expediting/identifying needed repairs, reducing unnecessary shipments and more. All of this will take place withing our proprietary application.
- Become familiar enough with the Rentex inventory to create cross-department training between logistics, product, management, and sales.
- Help facilitate processes within the inventory management group and logistics.
- Develop a plan for minimum stocking levels at each Rentex location.
- Report out on shipping costs.
- Identify opportunities to lower shipping costs
- Facilitate weekly cross-functional feedback from other departments.
- Prepare the logistics department for future grows via staffing and creative scheduling.
- Work with our IT department to develop better cost tracking options within our proprietary application.
- Have 4 years minimum proven logistics and management success in a fast-paced sales driven company.
- You get a sense of satisfaction in looking into challenges and finding the solutions.
- You are a helpful team player as well as a focused leader.
- You have great attention to detail.
- You are very familiar with the Microsoft Office suite.
- You are an effective communicator.
At Rentex, Inc. we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Both short- and long-term disability. Paid time off, paid holidays, 401K and more! Rentex, Inc. is the largest audio visual and computer rental company in the U.S. With offices in ten cities (and growing) the opportunities are great.