National Logistics Agent – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Do you want great benefits, great pay, and an opportunity for advancement with a company that is growing? Are you a logistics pro who can think out of the box? Look no further!
Rentex, Inc. has an immediate full-time opening for a National Logistics Agent. We offer a great work environment, competitive pay with bonuses, and a comprehensive benefit package (see below for benefits).
As an audiovisual equipment rental company, Rentex depends on logistics. In this fast-paced role you will help cover equipment shortages, move equipment efficiently, document those moves and do it all creatively.
What you will do.
- Evaluate and cover equipment shortage fulfillment requests.
- Work with sales, operations, and management to find solutions for the equipment shortages including looking in other Rentex locations, substitutions, early order returns, expediting repairs and even purchases.
- Enter equipment transfers into Rentex inventory system.
- Make decisions on best method and service level of equipment transfers: ground freight, air freight, parcel shipment, subcontracted dedicated semi or straight truck runs, and “meet ups” between Rentex branches.
- Cover “after hours” logistics of needs that come up after hours and on weekends.
- Submit daily summary and/or have daily call detailing issues/challenges encountered, areas of concern and suggestions.
- Assist in national logistics/operations projects as needed.
- Help evaluate Rentex freight vendors, costs, logistical operations and methods and make improvement and new best practices recommendations.
- Participate in weekend coverage rotation.
- Work with branch operations management to identify and maintain minimum stock levels on high volume/high turnover products.
- Travel occasionally.
- Have 1 to 2 years minimum proven success in a fast-paced logistics role.
- Be very familiar with shipping, freight, and the accompanying paperwork.
- You are a helpful team player.
- You have great attention to detail.
- You are very familiar with the Microsoft Office suite.
- You are an effective communicator.
At Rentex, Inc. we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Both short- and long-term disability. Paid time off, paid holidays, 401K and more! Rentex, Inc. is the largest audio visual and computer rental company in the U.S. With offices in ten cities (and growing) the opportunities are great.