National Product Coordinator – Audio
The National Product Group focuses on ensuring Rentex Audio Visual & Computer Rentals maintains the highest level of technical expertise in the A/V Rental industry. It is this level of knowledge that allows Rentex to continually offer new, top-of-the-line products, as well as the industry leading service and support to our customers. The National Product Group is composed of three different roles. The National Product Managers, The National Product Coordinators, and The National Repair Technicians. This group serves as a resource to all departments in the company by providing technical expertise and support.
The Product Coordinator assists the Product Manager in overseeing all aspects of their discipline on a company wide basis. Each manager is responsible for resolving all issues and problems in his/her specialty, as well as identifying and preventing future-problems. Product Managers provide oversight and support to the Product Coordinators and Repair Technicians to ensure damaged equipment is reported and repaired in a timely fashion. The Product Managers and Coordinators work in conjunction to oversee a product’s lifecycle, provide education and skill development related to products under their discipline for all Rentex employees. The Product Coordinator will be the tip of the spear for planning, communicating, and ensuring the proper execution of equipment repairs and new inventory integration.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate daily with the National Product Manager – Audio on repairs, support, and equipment purchasing
- Work closely with branch Quality Control staff to ensure damaged equipment is repaired quickly and efficiently
- Work with branch Quality Control staff and any related operational groups on the coordination, communication, and purchase order creation for outside vendor equipment repairs
- Collaborate with Product Manager to locate economical parts from reputable suppliers needed for product repairs
- Ensure branch Quality Control staff has appropriate inventory levels of replacement parts, specialized tools, and any other items required to QC and repair equipment
- Create and issue purchase orders to vendors for replacement parts and new inventory purchases as needed
- Provide insight and feedback related to vendor service levels and pricing to Product Manager
- Assist Product Manager in identifying, researching, and evaluating new audio equipment acquisition opportunities
- Assist Product Manager in identifying, evaluating, and communicating with branch management the optimal branch location for new inventory integration
- Assist Product Manager in creation of a new inventory integration plan when audio equipment purchases are made
- Work with the Product Team and CTO to develop and deliver training curriculum on audio equipment capabilities, quality control, and repair processes
- Use data, feedback from sales and operations and industry standard methodologies to evaluate current inventory lifecycle
- Offer technical guidance and support to Sales, and Operations regarding audio products
- Offer after-hours technical guidance to our external customers as needed
- Other duties as assigned and/or needed
- Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from high school or a GED
- Experience working with professional signal processing and audio products such as wireless microphone systems, push-to-talk systems, line array speaker systems, intercom systems and small to large format audio consoles
- At least 3 years in a similar position providing audio engineering support
- Possesses a basic understanding of inventory software for forecasting of workload
- Comprehension of audio theory, different signal formats, and cable types
- Be able to handle hard deadlines and plan workflow depending on client needs
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Basic knowledge in set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of computer and audio-visual equipment
- Prior experience in live event production
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Equipment knowledge in disciplines other than audio
- Advanced troubleshooting and equipment repair skills
This position does not directly supervise or manage other employees. However, this role requires collaboration across the entire company. The appropriate employee must build a rapport with co-workers to be successful in this position.
This job reports to and operates in a warehouse environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, and climb stairs; handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift or move objects up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are subject to change and may rotate. Needs of the business may dictate long hours and weekend work during high-demand periods.
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.