National Product Manager – LED
Come join the exciting world of live events with Rentex Audio Visual & Computer Rentals Product Team. The Product team is the tip of the spear for technology and application for all aspects of the audio-visual segment of entertainment. The team consists of four key roles: Senior Product Managers (Sr. PMs), Product Managers (PMs), Product Coordinators (PCs), and Repair Technicians. This team acts as a valuable resource for all departments in the company by providing technical expertise and support.
The Product Managers oversee their product disciplines across the company and are responsible for identifying, resolving, and preventing issues within their respective specializations. Within your duties, you will be responsible for all aspects of quality control procedures, packaging, influence purchasing, oversee equipment repairs and maintenance, and maintain knowledge of industry trends. It is the Product Managers responsibility to bring these trends to the attention of management and be able to provide strong verbal and written form answers to any questions that arise when purchasing decisions are being made.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use data, feedback from sales and operations and industry standard methodologies to evaluate current inventory lifecycle
- Establish and continually evaluate relationships with industry vendors to obtain suitable pricing and service for new inventory and replacement parts
- Identify, research, and evaluate new equipment acquisition opportunities
- Build business cases clearly stating the impact and value of proposed purchases
- Prepare and present equipment utilization reports to Executive Leadership Team for equipment lifecycle and new inventory purchases
- Communicate and work with all relevant Rentex stakeholders and vendors to create a new inventory integration plan when equipment purchases are made
- Review Rentex LED rental quotes for equipment accuracy in LED tiles, posters, support systems, processing, cabling and power configurations
- Maximize LED order profitability through equipment availability determination provided to internal logistics and sales teams
- Create and maintain internal LED calculation tools to provide accuracy in configuration and quoting for LED display systems
- Offer technical guidance, show site operations knowledge and best practices to the development of Rentex provided onsite technical support and proper product handling for LED display systems
- Define goals, set priorities, and task assignments for LED Product Coordinators
- Ensure Product Coordinators are working with branch Quality Control staff, Rentex Repair Technicians, and outside vendors to repair damaged equipment quickly, efficiently, in a cost effective manner
- Work with Product Coordinators and branch Quality Control staff to create, refine, validate, and document Quality Control requirements, processes, and best practices for new and existing inventory
- Develop and train Product Coordinators, and LED Technicians about your product discipline
- Collaborate with LED Product Team, and Executive leaders to develop the LED Technician role, and internal processes for assignment, and scheduling of Rentex LED Technicians when on-site supervision and technical support is needed.
- Coordinate with Account Managers, Branch Managers, and Sr. Product Manager to assign, schedule, and travel as needed, LED Technicians to Rentex LED orders requiring on-site supervision to meet the client’s expectations.
- Initiate and facilitate clear communication between Account Managers, Branch Managers, Customers, Production staff and LED Technicians ensuring Rentex’s ability to meet customer requirements, schedules, and expectations
- Work with the Product Coordinators, Director and CTO to develop and deliver training curriculum on equipment capabilities, quality control, and repair processes
- Offer technical guidance and support to Product Coordinators, Sales, and Operations about your product discipline
- Offer after-hours technical guidance to our external customers as needed
- Other duties as assigned and/or needed
This position can directly supervise or manage 1 to 5 employees. Additionally, this role requires collaboration across the entire company. The appropriate employee must build a rapport with co-workers to be successful in this position.
This job reports to and operates in a warehouse environment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, sit, walk, and climb stairs; handle objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift or move objects up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are subject to change and may rotate. The needs of the business may dictate long hours and weekend work during high-demand periods.
- Knowledge in set-up, operation, and troubleshooting of LED tiles, posters, processors, cable, flown and ground support systems, power and power distribution systems
- Comprehension of video theory, video imaging, switchers, and scaling equipment
- Advanced working knowledge of Brompton, and Novastar LED video wall processors
- Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from high school or a GED
- 4+ years in live event production or equipment rental industries
- Experience working with multiple models/manufacturers of LED displays
- Possesses a basic understanding of inventory software for forecasting of workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Be able to handle hard deadlines and plan workflow depending on client needs
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- 5+ years experience in live event production and live event onsite operations
- 5+ years experience in a similar position providing LED display engineering support
- 3-5+ years experience in audio/visual equipment procurement
- Associate degree in production management, theater, or related disciplines
- Brompton, Novastar, Megapixel or Manufacture certifications are a plus
- Basic rigging, load balancing, and weight management related to event production
- Knowledge of union rules and regulations in various labor markets related to live event production
- Equipment knowledge in disciplines other than LED displays
- Advanced troubleshooting and equipment repair skills
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.