Quality Control Technician, Audio (weekends) – Orlando, FL
Do you want great benefits, great pay, and an opportunity for advancement with a company that is growing? Does “SM58” mean something to you? Are you an experienced audio person? We might have the perfect position for you!
Rentex has an immediate opening for a full-time Weekend Quality Control Technician for our audio equipment (Three 10-hour days Friday, Saturday and Sunday) at our audiovisual rental company. We offer a great work environment, competitive pay, and a comprehensive benefit package (see below for benefits).
In this hands-on technical role, you will put Rentex audio equipment through our approved QC process. You will also assist clients with technical questions as needed.
What you will do.
- Perform quality control (QC) procedures on returning audio equipment
- Clean and maintain the equipment and its case(s)
- Document missing and damaged equipment
- Restock equipment that is ready to go
- Troubleshoot equipment issues (in the warehouse or on rental with our clients)
- Provide exceptional customer support for clients
- Assist in other areas of the QC department as needed
- Any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from high school or a GED
- Experience working with professional audio equipment including wireless microphones, digital mixers, wired and wireless intercom systems, powered speakers, and digital snakes.
- Strong technical skills and basic familiarity with audio equipment repair.
- Basic knowledge in set-up, operation, and troubleshooting AV equipment
- Prefer some prior experience in live event production
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Prefer some AV equipment knowledge in disciplines other than audio
- It would be awesome if you have advanced troubleshooting and equipment repair skills
At Rentex, Inc. we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Both short- and long-term disability. Paid time off, paid holidays, 401K and more! Rentex, Inc. is the largest audio visual and computer rental company in the U.S. With offices in ten cities (and growing) the opportunities are great.