RFID System Developer – Upper Marlboro, MD
Rentex is in search of an enthusiastic, focused, self-motivated individual to spearhead further development and integration of our existing RFID systems. This position will require travel to our locations for analysis and understanding of each environment, and the product knowledge of RFID to design and implement systems in each facility. The position can be based in Las Vegas NV, Dallas TX, Chicago Il, Orlando Fl, or Canton MA locations. Knowledge of the entertainment industry would be beneficial. Knowledge of electronics and RF systems as they pertain to RFID is essential.
- Evaluate each facility for its unique RFID needs
- Work with operations to establish preferred workflows in the facilities to optimize RFID performance.
- Train employees on proper RFID disciplines
- Design and oversee implementation of RFID systems
- Identify and work with a software design firm to build middleware that will meet the needs of the RFID goals for Rentex.
- Work with each facility regularly to ensure that all RFID equipment is up to date with firmware revisions.
- Be available for technical support when RFID systems are not operating as intended.
- Evaluate and maintain a reasonable inventory of RFID hardware to insure maximum up time of the RFID system
- Regularly communicate with RFID vendors on supply chain challenges, and new product offerings.
- Actively stay on the forefront of RFID technology evolution and make sure Rentex is at the leading edge of implementation.
In addition, the RFID System Developer
- Support installation and maintenance work at the branch level of RFID systems
- Work in conjunction with Inventory Management to insure availability of RFID tags and hardware.
- Continuously oversee and sign off on RFID tag proofs before production.
- Continuously search the marketplace for new RFID tag solutions
- Effectively maintain working relationships with RFID technology partners
This job operates in an office environment combined with daily activity in the warehouses. Regular travel may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move objects up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are subject to change and may rotate. Needs of the business may dictate long hours and weekend work during high-demand periods. Salary range TBD based upon qualifications and past history.
Preferred Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience/education combination.
- Past experience in a high-level technical management role
This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.