Warehouse Manager – Bensenville, IL
Do you want great benefits, great pay, and an opportunity for advancement with a company that is growing? Are you an experienced and organized warehouse manager? Are you a leader who is not afraid to get your hands dirty? We might have the perfect position for you!
Rentex has an immediate opening for a full-time Warehouse Manager for our audiovisual rental warehouse. We offer a great work environment, competitive pay, and a comprehensive benefit package (see below for benefits).
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of a busy AV rental warehouse. They are focused on efficiently producing quality results using repeatable processes and systems. The focus of this role is completing today’s business and tomorrow’s business on time and with excellence. In tense moments of high volume in the warehouse, you will act as an air traffic controller to coordinate the work of the staff without doing it for them.
What you will do.
- Understand and oversee the daily flow of equipment through the warehouse.
- Coordinate the inbound, outbound, and trucking departments to create maximum efficiency while empowering department leaders.
- Create and manage daily/weekly/monthly tasks and reporting to ensure the smooth functioning of the branch.
- Facilitate same-day orders and equipment quick turnarounds.
- Anticipate warehouse problems/issues and actively work to prevent them.
- Optimize warehouse layout for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain stock of warehouse supplies and consumables.
- Serve as the point of contact for all Rentex sales reps, via phone or email, and for order-related issues and questions.
- Provide daily direction and accountability to warehouse employees to ensure warehouse work is completed in the time allotted.
- Create and manage short-term and long-term labor schedules.
- Allocate warehouse personnel resources.
- Provide training to warehouse team members.
- At least two years management experience in a busy warehouse environment.
- Great communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Be highly organized and efficient.
- Have working knowledge of warehouse layout.
- Possess any combination of education, experience, and training equivalent to graduation from high school or a GED.
- Be able to lift fifty pounds safely and stand for long periods of time.
- Be reliable.
At Rentex, Inc. we offer a competitive total compensation package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Both short- and long-term disability. Paid time off, paid holidays, 401K and more! Rentex, Inc. is the largest audio visual and computer rental company in the U.S. With offices in ten cities (and growing) the opportunities are great.