Mouse roll-over to zoom image.
- Extends DVI up to 5,000 feet (1500 meters) using single-mode(8/125 µm or 9/125 µm) fiber cable
- Extends DVI up to 1,500 feet (450 meters) using multi-mode (50 µm or 62.5 µm) fiber cable
- Supports resolutions up to 1920 x 1200
- Supports both singlemode and multimode fiber optic cable types
- Fiber cable provides immunity from electromagnetic interference (EMI)
Painless, reliable DVI extension over fiber — with built-in DVI-to-fiber signal converters and EDID storage, all in a tiny form factor!
How It Works
The DVI FM 500 Sender unit plugs into a DVI port (either a computer source or another device transmitting a DVI signal). The DVI FM 500 Receiver unit plugs into a DVI display – up to 5,000 feet away. Two-strand LC fiber optic cable connects the DVI FM 500 Sender unit and the DVI FM 500 Receiver units to each other. Power is connected to the DVI FM 500 receiver using the 5V wall adapter and a crisp, vibrant HD picture appears on the display.
The distance that DVI can be extended will depend on the type of fiber optic cable used.
For a maximum resolution of 1920×1200 at 60 frames per second (60 Hz), the distances possible are as follows:
Single mode: 9(8)/125 µm core: 1500m (5,000 ft)
Multi mode: 50(62.5)/125 µm core: 500m (1,500 ft)
An external +5VDC power adapter is generally required for the receiver module. Most video cards can provide +5V DC power to the transmitter module but it also has provision for external power. Both power supplies are included.
This device is not HDCP compliant
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 165MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2V p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5V p-p (TTL)
- Supported fiber types: single-mode 89µm (5000 feet) or multi-mode 50/62.5µm (1500 feet)
- Default EDID: UXGA (1600 x 1200)
- Video Input Connector (Sender): (1) DVI-D (19 pin), male (digital only)
- Video Output Connector (Receiver): (1) DVI-D (19 pin), male (digital only)
- Link Connectors (Sender / Receiver): (2) Type LC (1 Duplex) fiber connectors
- LED Indicators (Sender / Receiver): (1) EDID Status
- Program Button (Sender): EDID Program (recessed)
- Fiber Cable: CAB-2LC-XXX (62.5/125µm multi-mode)
- Power Supply (Receiver): 5V DC (Second power supply included for use if source does not provide 5V power for Sender over DVI connector)
- Power Consumption: 2.5W (max.)
- Operating Temperature: 0°C – 50°C
- Storage Temperature: -10°C – 85°C
- Operating Humidity: 5% – 85%
- Dimensions (Sender / Receiver): 1.5″ W x 2.5″ D x 0.5″ H
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs.
Rent from a Partner, Not a Competitor
& Technical support
Same Day Delivery
to Most Major Cities
A Large Inventory of
With locations across the country, Rentex can deliver to most major cities.
To reach local support, simply click on the location below. For Rental Emergency Support, call (866) 541-3465